This is a super quick & easy coconut flour pancake recipe uses coconut flour instead of white flour or oats. When using coconut flour, you do not need as much compared to other flours, a little goes a long way!
Coconut flour is a delicious and healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours. Ground from dried, defatted coconut meat, coconut flour is high in fibre and low in digestible carbohydrates. Coconut flour is also high in protein and contains lauric acid which helps to support our body’s immune system.
Naturally gluten-free, coconut flour is perfect for anyone with gluten intolerance.
- 2 flax eggs or 2 eggs
- 10g of coconut flour
- 2 tsp of protein powder [optional]
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 100g of blueberries
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of raw honey or rice syrup
- Optional: almonds, cacao nibs and pomegranate for garnish
- Mix the flax eggs, coconut flour and protein powder together until well combined and has a smooth consistency.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and drop in 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan and allow to cook for 1-2 mins then flip and cook the other side.
- Blitz the blueberries in the food processor until smooth.
- Scoop in to a container and add the chia seeds and honey or rice syrup, give it a stir and let it sit for 5 mins to thicken before using.
- Garnish panckes with jam and also almonds, cacao nibs and pomegranate as we did
- Any remaining jam can be refrigerated in an airtight container if necessary
Makes 8 mini pancakes
Other toppings include melted raw cacao chocolate, goji berries, raw cacao, caramelised bananas, blueberries, nut butters, nice creams… the list goes on! Check out my Berry Delight Pancake recipe!