I love Autumn, pumpkin pies, gingerbread cookies, hot chocolates and warm hearty foods. I have been feeling gingery, felt like I have to add cinnamon or ginger to almost everything I eat. I have a list of recipes ideas to experiment with and a lot of them are inspired by Autumn flavours. Here is one of my experiments which turned into a Gingerbread Caramel dessert delight! It is also raw, gluten free, dairy free and suitable for vegans! It’s delicious and healthy and packed with antioxidants, fiber and protein!
You can also make it days or weeks ahead and store it in your freezer and surprise your guests with a Nourishing Raw Cake! (It only takes 15 minutes to thaw)
This is also perfect for the Christmasy Season coming up!
3 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
60g Coconut Sugar
100g Coconut Oil
200g Almond Butter
Pinch of Salt
1 Tbsp of Milled Flaxseed
4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2-3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1/2 Tbsp Rice Syrup or Sweetener of Choice
Ground Ginger Powder for sprinkling
1. In your food processor with an S-Blade, blend your base ingredients until it is crumbly and when you press the mixture with your thumb and finger, it should stick. Do not leave it for too long or else it will start to turn into butter.
2. Line a 8 x 8 square tin, I did not have one so I made mine in two rectangular containers. Then press your base mixture into the tin firmly and evenly. Set aside.
3. For the filling, blend everything together in your food processor until it is smooth and then pour the mixture into the square tin over your base mixture and spread it evenly. Let it sit in your freezer for 30min until it is firm.
4. Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the toppings apart from the ground ginger in a bowl and sweetened to taste.
5. Once your topping is set, drizzle your topping mixture over it and top it with more ground ginger powder. You can also make more of the chocolate mixture and cover the caramel filling entirely.
6. Pop it back into the freezer and let it set for an hour. To serve, take it out of the freezer and use a sharp knife to slice into squares or bars.
The gingerbread slice is super addictive! The caramel filling just melts in your mouth….
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and keep your thoughts, food and mind clean !