These are small mighty bliss balls bursting with flavours in every bite. They are super easy to make and are great for grab-and-go. It is like eating a key lime pie without all the work put into making a pie, and without the calories!
Limes aid digestion, weight loss and high in Vitamin C. Almonds and cashews provide good fats and fibre to keep you fuelled and your heart healthy. Dates, responsible for the naturally sweet component to the recipe, also add fibre and potassium to your diet. Not to mention satisfying any sweet tooth cravings that might hit.
They also make perfect gifts, especially with Christmas coming up!
80g Cashew Nuts
10g Pitted Dates
1 Lime Zest and Juice
10g Desiccated Coconut
30g Milled Flaxseed (Optional)
More Desiccated Coconut for rolling
1. Place the cashew nuts and almonds in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are broken, do not let it blend for too long or it will turn into nut butter
2. Throw in your dates, lime zest and juice, coconut and flaxseed
3. Let the mixture blitz until it forms a ball itself, you may need to scrape down the food processor’s side from time to time. It will become a very sticky mixture.
4. Scoop everything out. You can either roll them into balls or flatten it and cut them into squares. *Try not to eat too much of the mixture while rolling them (they are addictive)
5. Roll them with more desiccated coconut.
6. You can also chill them in the fridge before eating them. Store them in an airtight container for 5 days.
Enjoy the rest of the week!