Originally I was looking for dried blueberries and it is rather hard to find them unsweetened so I went to look for blueberry powder and to my surprise, discovered Arctic Berries Blueberry Powder. Wild arctic berries are naturally rich in vitamins, antioxidants, nutrients, and fibre. They grow and mature under the midnight sun, absorbing the goodness from their clean and unpolluted surroundings. Each teaspoon of the powder is equivalent to a handful of fresh, wildly grown berries.
Read about the health benefits here.
The powder tastes delicious and you can top it off in smoothie bowls, juices, yogurts, smoothies etc. Then I decided to make them into a pick-me-up on-the-go snack as I know I won’t have time this week to sit down and have a nourishing breakfast. Breakfast is also an excellent opportunity to incorporate important sources of antioxidants into your daily diet. Antioxidants help protect your body and brain from damaging chemicals and exposures that can drain energy and harm your health.
These berry blasts are high in antioxidant, vitamin C, fiber, giving you all the energy and nutrients you need in the morning. The following ingredients I have chosen to use are also organic. Organic foods are higher in antioxidants, nutrients and no harmful pesticides and they are better for the environment.
Ingredients (Makes 8)
50g Bob’s Red Mill Oats
1 Tbsp Blueberry Powder
1 TBsp of Lingon Berry Powder
1 tsp of Aduna Baobab Powder
1 Tbsp Linwoods Milled Flax Seed
100g Pitted Dates
1/2 Lime Juice
1. In a bowl mix the Oats, Berry Powders, Baobab Powder and Flaxseed. Give it a mix and pour it in your food processor
2. Add your dates with the dry mixture and let it blitz until it gets lumpy, you may need to scrape down the food processor’s side from time to time.
3. Pour your lime juice into the mixture and let the food processor blitz again until it is sticky when you press the mixture together between your thumb and fingers
4. Scoop everything out and roll them into ping pong size balls. *Try not to eat too much of the mixture while rolling them (they are addictive)
5. Enjoy! You can also chill them in the fridge before eating them. Store them in an airtight container for 5 days.