This fudgy bar is high in protein, fiber, antioxidant and rich in omega-3! It is also perfect for a post work out snack and can also fuel you up in the morning before you head out the door. The method is fairly simple just like the Raw Pistachio Energy Brownie Bites but this is less of a brownie and more of a fudge texture. It is also Gluten-free, Dairy-free and also suitable for Vegans!
What is Matcha?
Matcha Green Tea is the highest quality powdered green tea available. Made from the nutrient-rich young leaves picked from the tips of shade-grown Camellia sinensis plants, Matcha Green Tea is steamed, stemmed, and de-vined before being stone-ground into very fine powder. Matcha Green Tea powder is then stored away from light and oxygen in order to preserve its brilliant green colour and high antioxidant properties. It increases your energy levels, detoxifies your body and also boost memories and concentrations!
40g Desiccated Coconut
120g Almond Butter
2 Tbsp Flaxseed
2-3 Tbsp Honey or Agave Nectar
Handful of chopped Pistachio
Cacao Powder (Optional)
1. Mix everything together with a spoon or spatula and it should become a very doughy texture.
2. Scoop the mixture out and press it down into a container.
3. Freeze it for at least 2 hours in your fridge until it is quite firm to touch
4. Take it out of the fridge in cut them into squares or rectangles
5. Enjoy! or Sprinkle some Cacao Powder
It’s soft and chewy and with the crunch from the pistachios! Let me know which energy bar you prefer more, this Matcha bar or the Pistachio Brownie!