From its creamy texture to its ability to fight belly fat, there is so much to love about avocados. I eat about 2-3 a week, as I usually blend it up with milk and drink it as a smoothie. You can also baked them, top it off with egg and cheese or top it on your salads.
While I was at the gym earlier this week, I was trying to think of what to eat afterwards (I think about food all the time). I wanted avocado with eggs, I usually have have avocado slices on eggs or baked them together but never scrambled eggs with avocado – until 2 days ago…the result was a big mess of savoury creaminess! It’s utterly delicious!
It is also super simple to make.
Here is what you need:
– 1/2 of an avocado
– 3 Eggs
– 1 tbsp Milk
– Black Pepper for garnish
– 1 slice of Toast (Optional)
1. Heat up a small pot on high heat
2. Slice up your avocado into chucks
3. Whisk your eggs and milk together
4. When your pot is heated, add in some olive oil and then pour in your egg mixture
5. *SWITCH THE STOVE OFF* but let the pot sit over it and start stirring with your spatula
6. Keep stirring your eggs until they are almost done, but still slightly runny
7. Scoop out your avocados and add them to your eggs
8. Give it another stir, remove from heat and serve, or pop some bread in your toaster and serve it on toasts. Don’t forget to garnish it with some black pepper!
Since we only used half of an avocado, there is another half left…what you can do is either, top your eggs with more avocado, eat it on its own or you can make a Healthy Avocado Shake. In my previous post, I have used one whole avocado, but this time I have modified the recipe slightly.
For the avocado shake, you will need:
– 1/2 of an avocado
– 300ml of milk
– 1 tsp of honey or to taste
All you need to do now is blend it all up!
Super creamy breakfast and it’s packed full of protein and healthy fats! It also makes a really good post workout meal.
Lots of love,
Tweedle T x