Morning Sunshines! Breakfast is forever my favourite meal of the day. If you have been starting your day with plain old sandwiches and boring bagel, you have been doing breakfast all wrong. Nothing beats an epic breakfast!
Today I will share with you a simple breakfast recipe that will fuel you up and it only takes 5 minutes to make!
To make your avocado grilled cheese sandwich, you will need:
– 2 Slices of bread of your choice (I used wholemeal bread)
– 1 Avocado, Sliced
– Cheese Slices or any type of soft cheese (I used Dairylea Cheese Slices)
– Knob of Butter
1. Heat the pan on a medium heat and melt a knob of butter in the pan
2. Spread a thing layer of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread
3. Place one slice of bread with the mayonnaise facing down onto the pan
4. Pile it up your cheese slices, avocado and another layer of cheese
5. Place the other slice of bread with the mayonnaise facing up
6. Use your spatula to press down the the sandwich a bit and then flip it, the bread should become a nice golden brown
7. After another minute or so, place your sandwich on plate, slice it diagonally and serve
*By using mayonnaise, it will brown the bread nicely into a delicious crust and offered a rich, slightly tangy flavour.
Aside from avocado, you can also use any filling you fancy, like mashed up blueberries or bacon. Enjoy!
Lots of Love,
Tweedle T x