How is everyone finding this crazy weather happening in the UK? It’s been super super windy, and then a drizzle of rain and the sun and rain again….the wind is scaring me a bit…
Here is a super simple recipe for a quick and easy meal. Quinoa tossed in garlic mushrooms! I have to say it is the first time I’ve cooked quinoa, I apologise that there is not set amount of quinoa I used, but all I can is you make as much as you want and if you’re unable to use up all the quinoa, you can also keep it in the fridge.
Quinoa of your choice (I got mine from M&S and also from an organic shop in Hong Kong)
Chestnut Mushrooms or White Button Mushroom, Sliced
4 Cloves of Fresh Chopped Garlic
Cook your Quinoa according to pack. Once cooked, strain the water and leave on the side.
1. Heat your pan on medium heat
2. Melt a generous knob of coconut oil and the chopped garlics in the pan.
3. Add in your mushrooms, cook until softened, browned and covered in garlic-ness
4. Toss in your Quinoa. Mix it well the mushroom and garlic butter and let it cook for 5 – 10 minutes
5. Plate it up and top it with more parsley
This is the amount I used for the quinoa and roughly 6 pieces of chestnut mushrooms.
Mushroom covered in garlic butter…..yummmmmm
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Let me know how else you cook your quinoa with :)
Stay warm my sweets!
Lots of Love,