I used dark chocolates this time, but you can use milk chocolate, hazelnuts, anything you fancy. It makes about 27-30 cookies depending on the size you want. I have made to to the size of my palm.
250g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
220g soft brown sugar
80g caster sugar or granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 1 egg yolk
250g chocolate of your choice, chopped into small chunks
Preheat your oven to 170C
1. In a big bowl, sift your flour, bicarbonate of soda & salt together. Set to one side.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar, caster sugar & melted butter. Beat in your eggs & vanilla extract.
3. Pour it into your dry mix.
4. START MIXING! You might want to use a electric mixer, if not you’re going to need some strong arm muscles and a spatular. Mix until everything is combined and has a smooth consistency. (It should look like caramel icecream!)
5. Throw in your chopped chocolate & mix again, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
6. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper. Use a tablespoon and spoon your cookie dough into a ball and lay it on the baking tray.
7. Pop your cookies into the oven for about 10-12mins. When they’re done, they should be just starting to bronze on the edges. 8. Remove from the paper and place to cool on a wire rack.
nom nom nom nom nommmmmmmm! I hope you enjoy them as much as I go! You can always bring them to barbecues, picnics or just enjoy them with a cuppa.
Lots of Love Tweedle T