How was your week? It had been super sunny and rather humid in London, the climate had been quite similar to Hong Kong. Today I want to share with you a super simple recipe for chicken wings! It is especially for busy working people who don’t have time to cook. All you need to do is marinate the chicken wings, leave in your fridge overnight and they are ready for baking the next day!
I love having my wings with sweet potato fries and they are super easy to make!
Chopping the chicken wings into three parts
– 900g of chicken wings (I got a box from Tesco)
– Salt for exfoliating and clean the chicken skin
– 1 Tbsp Soysauce
– 1 Tbsp Sugar
– 1 Tbsp Chinese Xiaoxing Rice Wine
– Coriander (to taste)
– Chilli Flakes (Optional)
1. Clean the chicken with a small handful of salt, rub the chicken all over, getting rid of any loose skin and dirt. Rinse with water.
2. Chop up the wing to three sections (see pic). Or you can leave it as it is if you like eating the wing as a whole.
3. Marinate the chicken wings with soysauce, sugar, Chinese wine, Coriander. For a kick of spice add in the chilli flakes
4. Put the wings in a tupperware or bowl and cover with cling-fill. Put in fridge overnight.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C.
2. Place wings on a lined baking tray and lay them out without touching each other
3. The total time for baking the wings is 30min. However, to get the crispy outer texture, flip the wings when it has been baked for 15min.
4. Take the wings out of oven and dig in! For Sriracha Lovers, mix ketchup and sriracha together at a ratio of 50:50
Have a sunny and fabulous weekend and let me know what other marinate combinations you use for your chicken wings!
We will also be selecting our lucky winner this weekend for our SUMMER GIVEAWAY! If you haven’t entered, repost our giveaway photo & #tweedletsgiveaway. It is open internationally and the deadline is midnight tonight (London Time)! Good Luck everyone!
Lots of Love