Hey guys! As you all know, it’s the EASTER WEEKEND! and I am sure many of you are anticipating to open your chocolate easter eggs tomorrow. I have also come up with a recipe using my favourite mini eggs: MINI EGGS BLONDIES. Blondies are like brownies because they are like a bar but does not have that sweet sickling feeling and they are more than a thick cookie.
Here’s the Recipe:
172g cup unsalted butter, melted
200g packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
198g all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
350g Cadbury Mini Eggs ( you can add additional chocolates as well, m&m’s, role, daim etc)
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Add melted butter to the bowl of your electric mixer. Cream together with sugars. Then add vanilla and eggs, and mix until creamy. Slowly add in flour mixture until fully incorporated.
4. Carefully fold in Mini Eggs with silicone spatula or wooden spoon, being careful not to break them.
5. Spread batter into a greased 8×8, 9×9, or 11×7 baking dish.
6. Bake at 163 for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean. Let the bars cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
I have topped mine up with salted caramel ice-cream. This is also one of my favourite cookie bar recipe, maybe it’s because of the Mini Eggs. What is your favourite Easter Chocolate?
Hope you’ll enjoy making this!
Lots of Love x