I love pancakes and my favourite combination is pancakes with bacon topped with maple syrup! Since it’s the weekend and I have more time to spare, and pancakes can be eaten at anytime of the day, I decided to make fluffy fluffy pancakes ! This pancake doesn’t contain any sugar, flour or banana :) it is also healthy and easy to make.
I have also paired this delight with a berry sauce made with blackberries, blueberries and goji berries and with no sugar too! Giving you a double delight to start your day.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 90g of rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 200g of skimmed milk / almond milk
- 1 beaten egg
- A handful of blueberries
- Any toppings you want (fruits, maple syrup, melted chocolate…nommmm)
(I have also added a few drops of vanilla essence)
1. Put the oatmeal into the food processor and blend it until it is flour consistency.
2. Mix the blended oatmeal with baking powder, milk, egg and blueberries.
3. Swipe the non-sticky skillet with olive oil and turn to low heat. Once it is heated, drop 2-3 tablespoons of the batter onto the skillet (depends on the size of pancakes you want). Once you see bubbles on the batter, flip it to the other side and cook the batter until it is golden brown.
- A handful of blueberries (roughly 40g)
- A handful of blackberries (roughly 40g)
- 10 seedless green grapes
- Roughly 20g of Goji Berries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 tablespoon of Honey / Agave ( depending on how sweet you like)
- Put everything in a blender / food processor and blend until it becomes a puree texture (Doesn’t need to be smooth)
- Pour it out onto a small pot and heat it up on medium heat combine it with water and honey/agave
- When it starts to bubble, turn it down to low heat until it reaches a smooth consistency ( I like mine to be more lumpy so I left it on for 5 min)
- Remove from heat and pour it over your pancakes
This is something you can look forward to every weekend! Making a pancake that has a healthy twist to it :)
What else do you usually put on your pancakes?
Lots of love x
p.s. don’t forget to follow our instagram: @tweedlets and our twitter: @thetweedlets